9.09.2010

Things that are hazardous to my health pt.1

I don't know if there will be a part two. But the added "pt. 1" just made it look cooler.

Haha. Yes, I'm a dork.

Anyway, I feel like people, in general, know themselves well enough to know things that are hazardous to their mental state. Not necessarily in the sense that these things are depressing or anything. But things that you see everywhere and start going insane.

Ok. This is where a lot of you look at the computer confused.
At this point, maybe a few girls have had a light bulb click on. And you're probably going "God. Oh yeah. That's me."
Boys, I don't know if you have these experiences, so bear with me.

So examples will make this clearer right?
I have a friend (I'll keep her anonymous since I don't know if she wants this information posted), who's facebook ads are for things like custom wedding rings. She goes through engagements pictures of people she doesn't even know (she doesn't necessarily freak out, but there is a lot of "Aw"-ing involved). She feels like everyone around her is getting married or engaged (this might be true, in her defense...) and she just in general loves looking at wedding stuff.

It doesn't necessarily mean she needs to get married immediately, but when she sees those things she gets all intense about it.

(This is where all the female light bulbs click)

I think you get it now. Those things that you intensely love and like to look at/want in your life/know you're not ready for. But everytime you see it you give a little squeal, freak out and have gushy moments?

Haha.
Well sometimes, these things catch you by surprise. Or they'll show up again after a long time and you're like "Oh. Hi there. Yeah. Um. Forgot about you there in the corner. Please go away, you're driving me crazy."

Yeah. Had that moment today.

What's my thing?
Babies.
Yeah. You read that right.
Oh shit. Babies.
Yeah.

I love kids. Really, absolutely love kids. I've always wanted a kid. I don't care if I get married (ok, lies, I do want to get married), but if it never happened it probably wouldn't be the end of my world. Not having a kid would be.

Well, what prompted the rediscovery of my dormant love for all things small children?
Developmental Psychology.
Yeah. A class. Signs of a true college student right?
So I have this class tomorrow. There's a test coming up soonish. And I was getting ahead on reading (again). And all the pictures were babies doing cute things like walking and responding to stimuli and imitating things.

Well, naturally studying left the building. And so I started looking at pictures of my cousin's baby, and of babies in general, and I flipped the channels on my tv to babies in movies.

Yeah. Insert baby freak out here.

Which is ridiculous. I'm young! I have at least 6 years of school left. I'm recently out of a crazy relationship and in no position to start a new one. I can't support myself let alone a baby. I'm an emotional mess. No baby! No baby!

But when I see this stuff all over, all I can think of is how I want to be in that stage in my life.
I want a baby!

Spazz moments ensue. Then I tweet/blog/freak out.

Thus why this is "Things that are hazardous to my health pt. 1"

No comments: