6.15.2009

Cigarettes and Marionettes are the things you can't escape.

^ I'm working on a song. I've got decent lyrics and a tune, but without a tuned piano setting it to legit music is becoming problem.

But first, my usual, in the news:

The Iranian election was a few days ago. Ahmidenijad shockingly won re-election and now most people are calling foul on the vote. So far there's not much we can do, but there's much protesting. I'm a little concerned that this might be a tianamen square repeat with all the student protests, so here's to hoping that such an event is avoided. More to come in the future.

Lakers won. Big shock for the overrated team.

Gas prices are rising, which makes me slightly ok with not having a car but is pretty shittacular in the long run.

Obviously not much is up in the news minus the Iranian election.

So today I saw the taking of Pelham 123. It wasn't amazing but it was a good movie. It made you think and I felt John Travolta did a wonderful portrayal of "Ryder." Valorie came over today and we watched the Tudors and made cookies (and my parents made us yummy hamburgers). We determined boo on Jonathan Rhys Meyers's beard and yay on Henry Cavill's pretty semi-curly hair. :)

Tomorrow should be interesting. I'm hopefully going to the mall to check out the Charlotte russe sale and am going to call Maybee New York and see what's up with the job. Tuesday is work, and theoretically I should get off at 7, but I have a "on call time" so if they decide they need me I'll be there until 10. If not then I get to go to Buon Giorno's and see Kevin play, which ought to be fun. :) Wednesday will hopefully be for hanging with Taheera and anyone else we might invite. Thursday I'll hopefully have lunch with Natalie and hang with people is well. I'm "on call" again Friday and Saturday I legit have to work. :/

Otherwise, I've been doing little projects. I've been kind of cleaning my room, reading The Picture of Dorian Gray (moving on to finish Inferno next), and writing. I ended up revamping a bit of my original novel Divinity and startes a song (from which I got this blog title). I'm going for a more slow bluesy sound for it. I'm still gathering headlines for my project and I'll hopefully help a friend on his project. His goal is to have people write/doodle on napkins when they're out alone or waiting. He says doing so brings off-guard, uncensored and unrealized thoughts. I think it sounds interesting so I promised I'd start doing that and collecting them for him. :)

I'm also working on finding and becoming inspiration. We'll see how that goes.

I haven't been doing Orgo/spanish/mech much lately. I think it's the keeping busy. Which is nice. It's good to keep busy. Until you remember why you're trying to keep busy. Then you kind of feel lonely again for a while. But I'm doing my best to keep it all smiles.

More in the near future hopefully.
Until then,
this single truth remains,
cigarettes and marionettes are the things you can't escape.

No comments: