6.24.2009

Time starts to pass, before you know if your frozen....

-"Bleeding Love" Leona Lewis

I feel like I'm in, for lack of better word, a rut.
Really, I think it's just that my life is in a cycle of work and over-contemplation at the moment. And honestly, work is enjoyable most of the time. I trained on the register yesterday and I'm on call until Saturday. But with most people out of town, going out of town or busy, I feel like the social aspect of my life is missing and I'm losing grip of what I was beginning to enjoy.

I've also had very limited contact with Rice friends, which is a breath of fresh air, because it's nice to hang with different people for a bit. But I also can't help but be very sad about it because these are people I live with most of the year. And mind you we're all busy and such, but it's a little saddening.

To add, I've been overanalyzing about my romantic interests again. I'm just really not sure how to handle it or if I'm even handling things correctly or if I'm just overreacting to things. I'm getting really down about it when I shouldn't be and I know it's bad for me. Especially if things don't go my way when school starts. I was hoping for a no-strings attached distraction but now I'm rather sure I won't be lucky enough for that to happen. I'm really debating a phone call, just to talk to him (I do miss him a lot) and settle my nerves a little but I'm not sure.

Ok. Now to try and be upbeat. I promised I'd try to work in optimism for every pessimist or down thought. We'll see how it goes.

I'm sad Katie's leaving. I wanted to hang with her before she left. I guess the good is she won't be gone too long. And Valorie'll be back soon too.

Let's see....well work is going well. I hope to keep up decent hours and make a lot. I also have managed to keep my scholarship. :) And they gave me a grant. Thank goodness. Here's to hoping the grade comes up next year.

Art project is progressing slowly but steadily and I'm slowly finding new motivation to do well next year.

Oh. I went shopping today and got some cute stuff, so Kudos for that. And hopefully I will soon have the cable I need to hook up my laptop to my pretty speakers.

Um. What else? Well, we may go to Utah later in the summer? Here's to hoping. And I think that's all I've got. So here's to ending on a slightly upbeat note. :)

1 comment:

Kevinized100 said...

Know that feeling yo. Ruts suck