6.06.2012

The "Real World," A quick note on my return and other thoughts.

[What my desk looks like! Except not really. I don't have a desk set up right now. And if I did it would never be that neat. But I do have a notebook I write stories in a lot that's similar looking. Except the handwriting is also not that neat. And there is always coffee. Never forget the coffee. Ok but really, not my picture. Credit goes here]


 I'll admit it. You caught me. I don't blog often.


To be honest, blogging isn't vaguely on my list of priorities and I think social media can be more than a little silly. For me it does little more than pass the time.


And honestly, that's just my opinion. Life's different for everyone. It's more fun that way.


So why do I have a blog in the first place?


A few reasons really.

For one, its a good way to rant. Most of the people I rant about don't know I have a blog or probably don't care. And sometimes random internet strangers have great life advice.

Another reason is a bit more personal.

More personal than ranting, you say? Do tell.


Well, I believe in truth. And although truth is largely subjective (counter-intuitive, I know, but if you really think about it, you'll get there), I think personal truths should be shared. They change our perspective and impact our lives and allow us to be open-minded. They produce that moment of "Ah. I never thought of it that way before."


 My blog is my way of sharing personal wisdom(s) and truths when they come around--sometimes frequently, or at other times with months in between. It's a small way of changing the world--or maybe one person who will later change the world--while biding time to find a bigger way to impact people.


Life is all about relationships. That's my meaning of life. How we interact and connect affects everything. So if my few moments to blog once in a while change the way someone thinks, if it impacts them in an important way, then awesome. It feels great, I achieved my goal. If not--well bummer. It's disappointing. But this is only one of many mediums I use to share myself and my views. And I appreciate others taking time to share as well.


The fact of the matter is, I'm still trying to discover myself. I imagine I will spend the rest of my life doing so. We all will. We all have our personal truths, and they change more frequently than we realize. Some people are more hyper-aware of it than others, and for some, well ignorance is bliss. And my truth at the moment is certain things matter to me--finding a real world job, figuring out my dreams and what I'm willing to compromise, sharing my truths with others and cultivating relationships out of them. Blog fame, social media awareness. Not so much.


So my apologies for not tricking my site out, posting often, or having comments and links to linger around. I respect those who are into that but I'm not one of them, and if it loses me readership, so be it. But if it doesn't, props. Thanks for sticking around. I hope you'll check in on me from time to time. And I look forward to the honest discussion and truths we can hopefully have in the future.


Maybe we can cultivate a relationship that can impact one another.


Until next time,

Resident Cynical Optimist-Cyndi

No comments: