1.01.2012

My absolute failure at blog updating, and moving on with life.

Let's talk about how I'm awful at keeping up with things.

Seriously. Unless it's in my life going "look at me, look at me" I have a hard time. Even with people. My darling Valorie can attest to how I disappear for months at a time despite efforts to keep in touch.

What's worse, is I'm not even sure what I do in these periods of time. But alas, a new year means trying to improve faults. So I'm trying.

So what was a I doing between July and 2012? Here's a small list:
1. Last Semester woes - Grad school? Jobs? TFA? Who knows.
2. Absolute panic - Let's face it. I had a bit of a break down. The result? A few years off grad school and still no clue what I'm doing when I graduate.
3. Research - I found my potential future field, and submitted a poster to a psych conference (It was accepted too!)
4. Lather, Rinse, Repeat - This is with regards to my social life. There was a major second chance, a complete loss of trust and faith in core beliefs, and a repeat of heartbreak and misery. I'm not going for "Third time's a charm" on this one.
5. NaNoWriMo - That's National Novel Writing Month (No also doubles for November). Goal of 50k words in a month! Let's check that off my list. Now I'm completing and editing. Not sure what the end result will be, but if it passes a few friends approval I might seek publication.
6. Needles - Took out the eyebrow ring, potentially getting a nose ring and am finishing up a design for the next tattoo.
7. New Hobbies - In addition to my film and book obsession, we can add photography, crafting and thrifting. Painted a thrift mirror, working on other projects, up-cycling old clothes into new fashions, and have been taking pictures around campus.

That was my year. I actually made resolutions this year (SHOCK!), but they're a bit personal for here. Maybe some of the simpler ones I'll post about if I accomplish them. Also expect to see me here more soon. And maybe some examples of my new hobbies as well.

If anyone has words of wisdom or other loving advice, it'd be much appreciated. Here's to rocking 2012!

2 comments:

Simply Valorie said...

"My darling Valorie can attest to how I disappear for months at a time despite efforts to keep in touch." TRUTH.

Simply Valorie said...

Also, I miss you during those times. Stop disappearing!